|Have you got what it takes to pass a pre-selection psychometric test?|
- Dedicate some time to undergo practice testing at least a week before your testing date and to re-sit the practice tests until you feel more confident
- Make sure you arrive at the test location early (at least 10 minutes beforehand) so that you have plenty of time to get your bearings and put yourself in the right frame of mind
- Take your time and read through all instructions before you start the test to ensure you fully understand what is expected of you
- Once you’ve started the test, work methodically through each question making sure you understand the question before answering and submitting your responses
- Be mindful of time as most tests will be timed and in some cases the length of time taken impacts on your results (this is where dedicating enough time to practice really helps)
- Stay calm and keep breathing, reassure yourself with some positive self-talk if you are overcome with anxiety or doubt.