- your salary expectations will be too high
- you won’t stick around, only staying until something better comes along
- you will be a threat to others in the organisation with less qualifications, skills and/or experience
- you'll want to make unwelcome changes
- you will be after their job
Demonstrate your interest
Show your fit for the role
Remove unnecessary information
Reducing your threatIn addition to adjusting the content of your CV as described above, you should be prepared to alleviate any fears during the interview.
Think about how you will answer questions about your background that will demonstrate your genuine interest in the role and willingness to perform the stated duties. Practice answering questions that may challenge your suitability due to being overqualified.
Whatever your situation, be clear about what you want and how the role you're applying for fits in with your goals.