- 80% of managers see the business benefits of the new social Web.
- 48% of managers have identified Web 2.0 usage as an issue of concern.
- Concerns about security and data loss are preventing technology adoption to some extent in 87% of the companies surveyed.
- 68% of managers say they monitor employee Internet activity and 56% block access to particular social networks.
- 57% of employees report an overlap between their work and personal lives.
- 55% of both 18-24 year olds and 25-34 year olds believe that employees should be entitled to access Web 2.0 at work for personal reasons. Only 37% of 45-54 year olds and 30% of 55+ feel the same.
Lisa LaRue, DipCareerGuid, BSocSc(Couns), MCareerDev, CDAA, MICG is a Career Development Consultant & Work-Life Coach at CareerWorx Careers & Transitions www.careerworx.co.uk and www.careerworx.com.au.